Thursday, February 14, 2013

WOMEN, CAN'T LIVE WITH THEM AND CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THEM

My all female team of surgeons. In reality, I might not be alive today...so I can't live without them.

In one giant step back, I equate my career working as an undercover agent to something like being the headliner in a large theatrical production. With any good production, theater or undercover work, a joint effort from many supporters is required to successfully navigate the operation. I got the kudos and the glory when everything went right and my bosses didn't end up in the funny papers, but I didn't necessarily get all the jeers and blame when things went south. 


The women I am about to tell you about, are ones that I couldn't l live without, but spent enough time with, that I felt like I lived with them.

I learned the ins 'n outs of the money-laundering trade, when a couple of women from Miami came to Los Angeles in the early 80s, and began operating a major drug and money-laundering operation. What I learned from these women, while I laundered $24 million in cash from their drug cartel contacts, was a free education in drug trafficking and money-laundering. A kind of a "How-to for Dummy's" book...bet that book would still work today.

Wildly popular with the media, they dubbed these women the "Grandma Mafia" when the case went to trial. When the "Grandma Mafia" cased ended there were bodies strewn everywhere. I couldn't tell the good guys from the bad guys. A federal agent, turned rogue, met a terribly painful death; federal agents that went to the dark side for money were prosecuted; a prominent Los Angeles attorney was prosecuted and went to jail; crooked cops and agents in Miami and Los Angeles popped up; and eventually a couple of ex-Federal agents committed suicide. ON PAPER THESE WERE THE GOOD GUYS!!

For the most part and physically unscathed, the bad guys and girls went to jail.

So who cares? I'm sure the families of all those people cared. Those naive family members that said, "you want me to put up how much for bail?".

I know my doctors care because, they're asking for answers as to why I transformed myself into the Marlboro man with a gallon sized appetite for Red Label scotch.

It's Valentines Day and I'm now a week past my first chemotherapy treatment. I don't want to scare my Valentine, so I'll probably go over to a corner, reach down, grab a root and growl...softly. I live with her and
most of all, I can't live without her!

Click here to leave a comment!

5 comments:

  1. I love you sooo very much...my most wonderful Valentine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that is so sweet, you are the best. Keep on keeping on, You are standing in the truth of your soulfullness. She deserves your unconditional love as you are giving it. You are the best! Beat it!!!!Love Jolli Jogi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay is a special lady and you are both lucky to have each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ralph and Kay, Enjoy a beautiful Valentine weekend together..... a very long weekend. Forget about the mafia and lessons learned, and enjoy one another in the moment. Love Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently read that when time moves slowly, it leaves spaces in between the moments for more things to happen. So, may your speed of light move slowly enough for there to be lots of moments of love and laughter and support for you and Kay along the way. Maura

    ReplyDelete